Can vaping affect your oral health? The answer is yes. Vaping can harm your oral health. Although studies on vaping lack research, researchers suggest that vaping can cause increased bacteria levels, gum inflammation, and dry mouth.
However, there are ways you can reduce oral problems when vaping. Vaping is always a better option for your oral health than traditional cigarettes.
How Does Vaping Affect Your Gums and Teeth?
Generally, vaping can affect your gums and teeth in many ways:
- Dry Mouth. If you vape too much, you will have a dry mouth. That is because of Propylene Glycol found in your juice. Note that saliva protects your mouth from harmful bacteria. Therefore, excessive vaping could lead to gum disease and tooth decay.
- Gum Problems. Nicotine in vaping can reduce blood flow to your gums, which could cause inflammation and irritation.
- Increased Levels of Oral Bacteria. As mentioned earlier, vaping reduces blood flow and saliva in your throat and mouth, creating favorable conditions for bacteria.
- Teeth Stain. Vaping can cause teeth discoloration due to nicotine.
How Do You Protect Your Oral Health?
Yes, vaping is not good for your oral health, but there are ways you can reduce oral issues while vaping. Here are a few:
- Drink a lot of water
- Maintain a routine to improve your oral health
- Lessen the amount of nicotine in our vape juice
- Try oil pulling
To face the truth, vaping is generally not good for your oral health. However, it is a much better option than traditional cigarettes.